Why Choose To Build Modular in San Diego?
The Smarter Way To Build
Modular construction uses the same materials and follows to the same building codes as traditional construction. The difference with modular construction is these materials are assembled, or “pre-built”, inside a manufacturing facility, controlling quality and cost. Imagine what it would mean to the cost and quality of your next car if it were assembled in your driveway often in rainy or snowy conditions. You can begin to understand why modular is the natural next step for new home construction in San Diego!
So why aren’t all homes in San Diego built using modular construction?
To some extent, they are. The building industry has been moving toward modular construction for many years. Cabinets, windows, roof trusses, and door systems are no longer fabricated on site, but rather built in modern factories and delivered to the site. These modular components have increased quality, lowered costs, and accelerated construction schedule for home builders and home owners everywhere.
A typical site-built home may use up to 30% modularized components. Some builders have even extended this approach to include larger components, such as panelized walls and pre-formed concrete foundation systems. Full modular construction is simply the next logical step in this evolution. US Modular builds homes that are 90% complete in the factory. Thousands of homes every year are now built using modular construction techniques, and those numbers will continue to grow as more and more homeowners and builders experience the advantages of modular construction.
Modular Facts You Should Know:
- The building blocks of modular homes — individual modules — are housing components constructed in a controlled factory environment.
- Individual modules are up to 90% complete when shipped from the factory to the home site. All walls, flooring, ceilings, stairs, carpeting, and even wall finish are completed in the factory before shipment.
- Once all building materials arrive at the factory, some manufacturers can assemble modules in a single day. Typically, a two-story, 2,500 sq. ft. home can be constructed in a factory in under a week.
- Aside from any cost savings, modular home buyers benefit from the short assembly time of their home — reducing any amount of weather damage or home site vandalism. Over the life of the home, modular homes save money due to their incredible efficiency.
- In 2002, modular homes accounted for 3% of the new, single-family homes constructed. Outside of metropolitan area, that figure jumped to 12%. From 1992-2002, modular housing production increased by 48%. Modular home construction has continued to increase at a steady rate.
- One of every ten homes built in the northeast is a modular home. That region accounted for 29% of the nation’s modular activity in 2001. The South Atlantic region was a close second with 26%, and the Great Lakes region third, accounting for 24%.
- Modular construction is quickly becoming the method of choice by owners, developers, and general contractors who want a quality, precision built, eco-friendly home. Trust the professionals who understand the value of time and money and the benefit of building Faster, Better, Greener and for Less!
New modular houses are designed with your dream home in mind. From a cozy granny flat, to an off-site modular mansion, your new home is made to order, giving you more creative control than with most builders and contractors. Inside and out, your home is designed to match your vision.
The quality of today’s off-site modular home is unparalleled, due to several factors. Today’s factory equipment is powerful and state-of-the-art, producing a tight, sound, and energy efficient home. The materials meet a consistently high standard due to the finely calibrated equipment used in factory. Your home is created in a climate-controlled environment, where the materials are protected from the ravaging effects of weather. The consistency of an overseen, assembly-line process leaves little room for mistakes or oversights.
Green Building in San Diego is a whole-system approach to building that takes into consideration 7 factors:
- Lot Design, Preparation and Development
- Resource Efficiency
- Energy Efficiency
- Water Efficiency
- Indoor Environmental Quality
- Operation Maintenance and Homeowner Education
- Global Impact
We use products that are not harmful to the environment and partner with other companies that also work to protect the environment. We are certified and committed to building the very smartest, greenest custom homes on the market.
One of the many advantages of building modular in San Diego is the fact that your dream home can be typically delivered, set, and completed in less than 4 months. This is considerably less time than most on site homes, where weather concerns, small or inconsistent construction crews, back orders and equipment problems are just a few reasons for delay.
Your new home comes with a 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty® (2-10 HBW®) that includes 10 full years of structural defect coverage for load-bearing components; one full year of systems coverage against defects in wiring, piping and duct work in electrical, plumbing, heating, cooling, ventilating and mechanical systems; and 1 full year of coverage against defects in workmanship and materials.
Your lender experiences reduced risk due to the fact that our product is further along in the completion process. Once set, the lender has more value on the foundation than the money they have paid out. This increases the probability of the project reaching completion.
Call us today to discuss building your next home, multi family or commercial project! Our designers and engineers are here to help you create a green, cost effective, beautiful home or multi-family project. The entire US Modular team is dedicated to your complete satisfaction. We incorporate each client into the building process through our proactive person-to-person approach, and realize how valuable each client is to our team.
Ready To Get Started With Your Modular Construction Project!?
Tell us more about your modular needs to get started!
Call us at 888-987-6638